Packed with vitamin C and renowned for keeping colds at bay during the winter, it’s delicious with sparkling water and has an almost tropical taste.
- To make simply crush 2lbs rosehips and put into 3 pints boiling water.
- Bring back to boil, remove from heat and let stand for 10 mins.
- Strain through jellybag and then return pulp to pan with another 1½ pints boiling water.
- Boil again and allow to stand then strain, as before.
- Mix both lots of liquid in a clean pan and reduce by boiling until juice measures approx. 1½ pints.
- Add 1lb caster sugar and stir over gentle heat until sugar dissolves.
- Boil vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Pour into warm bottles and seal.